The ITWomen Charitable Foundation’s college scholarship program supports the mission of ITWomen to increase the number of women earning information technology and engineering degrees.
Graduating female high school seniors in South Florida who plan to earn college degrees in Information Technology and Engineering of the STEM academic strand are eligible to apply for these four-year academic scholarships.
Scholarship Criteria for Eligibility
- Be a graduating female senior from the Tri-County South Florida area of Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach county.
- Accepted and/or enrolled in a post secondary institution (such as a college or university).
- Be pursuing a degree in the fields of Information Technology and/or Engineering.
Note: The application deadline for 2018 is March 2.
Recipients will be selected by the ITWomen Scholarship Selection Committee comprised of members from local South Florida academic institutions and industries. The selection is based on a combination of factors including financial assistance, program of study, and a 250-word essay demonstrating why the applicant is pursuing a degree in Information Technology or Engineering.
- Each ITWomen scholarship recipient will receive $2,000 per year renewable scholarship for four years (provided that the program of study is in the field of Technology or Engineering in the STEM academic track).
- ITWomen’s Virtual Mentor program pairs a scholarship recipient with a virtual mentor who has at least five years working experience. We have found mentors to be a critical element for success during the college years.
- ITWomen’s Scholarship Ambassadors also serve as the primary liaison to our scholarship recipients, providing:
- bi-monthly contact with recipients
- coordination of internship and job offers from ITWomen’s sponsoring companies
- Invitation to scholarship winners and their parents to the ITWomen Scholarship Awards Dinner.
- A Goodie Bag with useful gifts for starting college, courtesy of supportive donors and ITWomen partners.
Donate to the Scholarship Fund
The number of applicants that can be selected for scholarships each year depend on donations to the ITWomen Charitable Foundation scholarship fund. Donate through our Just Give website. Please indicate your donation is to be earmarked for Scholarships.