ITWomen supports International Women’s Day. Our daily actions have ripple effects on advancing gender equity and making a difference in our lives and others. Together our voices are strong.
Some Ways to Recognize Women for Advancement
- raise women’s visibility as spokespeople in the media
- drive fairer recognition and credit for women’s contributions
- launch even more awards showcasing women’s success
- hail the success of women leaders
- applaud social, economic, cultural and polical women role models
- celebrate women’s journeys and the barriers they overcome
- reinforce and support women’s triumphs
Do you have other suggestions on local ways to spark change? Tweet us @itwomen #BeBoldForChange !
About International Women’s Day (March 8)
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrated collectively across governments, NGOs, charitable groups, corporations, academia, women’s networks and media hubs, to highlight women’s social, economic, cultural and political achievements. On this day, calls go out for actions to accelerate gender parity. IWD has been observed since the early 1900’s.