ITWomen supports International Women’s Day. What areas affecting women concern you the most? Let us know through the form below. Do you have other suggestions on local ways to spark change? Tweet us @itwomen #BeBoldForChange !
We may never know which of our personal, daily actions will have a ripple effect to advance gender equity or make a difference for change in someone’s life. But together our voices are strong.
Examples of Ways to Recognize Women for Advancement #BeBoldForChange
- raise women’s visibility as spokespeople in the media
- drive fairer recognition and credit for women’s contributions
- launch even more awards showcasing women’s success
- hail the success of women leaders
- applaude social, economic, cultural and polical women role models
- celebrate women’s journeys and the barriers overcome
- reinforce and support women’s triumphs
About International Women’s Day (March 8)
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrated collectively across governments, NGOs, charitable groups, corporations, academia, women’s networks and media hubs, to highlight women’s social, economic, cultural and political achievements. On this day, calls go out for actions to accelerate gender parity. IWD has been observed since the early 1900’s.