ITWomen’s 2018-2019 scholarship program is OPEN and looking for this year’s best and most deserving young women. This year, we are proud to announce that we will be funding eight college scholarships!
ITWomen Charitable Foundation’s college scholarship program supports ITWomen’s mission to increase the number of women earning information technology and engineering degrees, as follows:
1) ITWomen scholarship recipients will receive $2000/yr. renewable scholarship for four years, for a total of $8,000, provided that she maintain a program of study in the field of technology or engineering in the STEM academic track.
2) In addition to the monetary gift, ITWomen’s Virtual Mentor program pairs a scholarship recipient with a virtual mentor who has at least five years working experience. We have found mentors to be a critical element for success during the college years.
3) Also, each recipient will be assigned an ITWomen’s Scholarship Ambassador. Throughout the duration of her study, her ambassador will provide:
– Bi-monthly contact with recipients
– Coordination of internship and job offers from ITWomen’s sponsoring companies
4) Lastly, all scholarship winners will receive a bonus care package with useful gifts for college, courtesy of supportive donors and partners, as well as an invitation for the recipient and her parents to attend the ITWomen’s Scholarship Awards Dinner.
Applications will be accepted through March 2, 2018. The downloadable, fillable application (.pdf) is available at: https://itwomen.org/scholarship/
We want to ensure that we have a robust pool of applicants from which to award this year, with representation from all three counties that we support (Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade). Kindly forward this opportunity to any female 12th-graders in the tri-county area who may qualify and feel free to share with other contacts you have who may know of a deserving girl in need of additional college funding this fall.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have regarding the program.
Thank you in advance for amplifying our message of hope through education!
Executive Director, ITWomen